Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Powerful Time Management Tip

Are you looking for ways to manage your time more effectively? Time management can be a struggle for many, especially those exploring the online marketing world while trying to working around full time jobs.

One of the best pieces of advice I've received recently comes from Jim Britt in his book, "Do This, Get Rich". In one of the chapters he suggests breaking the day down to 15 minute blocks, trying to accomplish as much as possible in each of these blocks. This is in line with his theme that the most successful people are given no more time in a particular day than anyone else. It's just that they use their time more effectively.
After taking a closer look at this theory it makes sense. The author points out that in an average day we have about 60 of these blocks. By focusing on each of these 15 minute blocks, it helps us become more aware of the time and using it effectively. He mentions that 15 minutes is enough time to accomplish something, and short enough that, if we are moving off track, we can take corrective action quickly without wasting a great deal of time.

Since I need much help in managing my time this classic procrastinator and time waster decided to give it a try. I will admit that focusing on every 15 minute block is not an easy task. In the first weeks I tried this it was difficult to make it through a whole day of managing each 15 minute time frame. However, gradually improved efficiency by one or two blocks a day. I'm still not perfect at it, but I believe I am setting the tone for greater efficiency that eventually will become routine.

I have mentioned this information to some of my family and friends who have said they noticed an immediate difference in time awareness and efficiency. Overall, I love this philosophy because it can help you become more aware of your actions, time spent on them, and the results you are actually producing. I recommend giving it a try. Please let me know how it goes.

Enjoy the blessings : )

No comments:

Post a Comment