Monday, June 24, 2013

Taking Your Online Marketing Efforts One Step At A Time

I would like to take this opportunity to answer a common question about online and affiliate marketing. This question is especially relevant for those just starting out.

The question is...how many products do I sell or promote? I will say that, in one way, I will provide the cop-out answer. However, I still believe the information provided will help you. The cop-out answer is...as many products as you can handle. The logical answer is...as few as possible.

I understand that new marketers want to promote many products to experiment and determine what works best. However, I have learned from experience that trying to promote many products at once can lead to confusion, and causes you to spread your efforts too thin. As a result, many burn out and quickly give up their marketing efforts all-together.

When you focus your efforts on one or two products, you can place your entire focus on finding and using the most effective ways to market your products. After trying to promote many different products at first and achieving only minimal results, I heeded this advice and focused my efforts on promoting only two products. As a result, I was able to write more quality content, and the more focused approach has helped me determine the best marketing methods to use. I also feel like I have an easier, more specific target to shoot at. I am receiving much more traffic to my site. Of course more traffic equals more sales.

I advise you today to minimize the number of products you promote, especially as you first start out. In order to choose the right products, I recommend you do your research carefully. See what products are selling best in your chosen niche. Then focus on the promotion methods that are working best for you by tracking your web traffic and sales numbers. As you become more skilled, you can then begin to expand your horizons more and take on some other campaigns.

I wish you the best in your online selling endeavors. The above advice is information that was provided to me, and I have found it much easier to market this way. I can provide more quality information to the potential customer, and more easily determine the methods to use in order to communicate my message. As always, I would love to know what works best for you. Please feel free to share. Have an excellent day!

No comments:

Post a Comment